About Nic Baker
Nic Baker is a Medical Qigong Specialist and instructor with over ten years of experience in Qigong therapy, Tai Ji therapy, Chinese Medicine, dietary therapy, and martial arts instruction. He is a founder of the Breathing Institute, and Mantis Kung Fu Academy in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Continuing Education Coordinator for the Abimoxi Institute of Health, and has taught hundreds of students from all over the world. In 2008, Mr. Baker was invited by the Government of Taiwan to be a special guest instructor at Hung Kuang University in Tai Chung, Taiwan. By combining training in Chinese Medicine with classical training at California Culinary Academy in San Francisco and some of the most prestigious restaurants in the United States, he brings a unique perspective to dietary therapy. His focus is to bring the highest level of professionalism and individual care to each patient.
Education and Certification
- 3rd Duan Sifu (Instructor) of Shyun Eight Step Mantis Kung Fu (Shyun Ba Bu Tang Lang Chuan) – American Chinese Martial Arts Federation
- 3rd Duan Sifu of Shyun Tai Chi Chuan – American Chinese Martial Arts Federation
- Graduate, San Francisco Police Academy
- Associates of Science in Culinary Arts, California Culinary Academy
- 2015-Present Founder, Medical Qigong Director, Breathing Institute, Albuquerque, NM.
- 2012-Present Owner and Lead Instructor, Mantis Kung Fu Academy, Albuquerque, NM.
– Top 5 Best of the City award in the Martial Arts School category in December 2013 and 2014 issue of Albuquerque the Magazine.
– Voted in the top five martial arts schools of 2014 Best of Burque in the Alibi.
- 2013-Present Lead Events Manager, Abimoxi Institute of Health, USA.
– Coordinates Continuing Education Seminars for Acupuncturists and Oriental Medicine practitioners under the NCCAOM.
- 2011-2012 Tai Chi and Kung Fu Instructor, Two Wolves Holistic Center, Taos, NM
– Helped found and instruct both internal and external martial arts at the original Taos location for integrated movement and healing arts.
- October 2010 American Chinese Martial Arts Federation Representative to Taiwan, Tai Chung, Taiwan
– Was chosen as the first representative to Taiwan for the ACMAF to return intangible national treasures of Lao Shan Pai Martial and Medical arts to the Government of Taiwan.
- 2006-2009 Tai Chi and Kung Fu Instructor, Owner, Mission Kung Fu, San Francisco, CA
– Taught several hundred hours of tai chi and kung fu classes per year.
- 2007-2008 Law Enforcement Officer, San Francisco Police Department, San Francisco, CA.
- 2004-2006 Assistant Instructor, Mission Kung Fu, San Francisco, CA
– Taught over 800 hours under the direct supervision of several senior instructors
– Trained in all aspects of Shyun Tai Chi and Eight Step Mantis Kung Fu
- Director of Abimoxi Institute of Health and manager of Abimoxi Institute of Health’s NCCAOM PDA providorship and continuing education.
- Instructor of Eight Step Preying Mantis Kung Fu
- Experience teaching hundreds of students in California, New Mexico, and Taiwan
- Certified in Medical Qigong under the Abimoxi Institute of Health.