About Lan Miles
Xuelan “Lan” Miles, Ph.D studied pharmacology of Chinese Medicine in China lending a deep insight into the chemical structure and mechanism behind plant based medicines. She has published extensively on evidence-based Chinese medicine. Her experience in pharmaceutical research and development in labs and Chinese medicine hospital enables her to have both traditional and modern perspectives. Her expertise allows her to bridge the gap between Chinese and Allopathic medicine and examine herbal quality with pharmaceutical precision, being able to explain how herbs interact with your medications, and how they work and metabolize in our bodies.
Degrees and Education
- Ph.D-West China Pharmacy School of Sichuan University, China: Evidenced Based Chinese Medicine(See publications)
- Masters-Chengdu University of TCM, China: Pharmacy of Chinese Medicine- Colontargeting delivery system of Chinese herbal medicine (funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China)
- Bachelor- Chengdu University of TCM, China: Pharmacy of Chinese Medicine
2002-2005: Assistant lecturer at pharmacy school of Chengdu University of TCM, China
- Pharmaceutics of Chinese Medicine;
- Research methods of Chinese Medicine;
- Pharmacology of Chinese Medicine.
2005-2009: Assistant lecturer at West China Pharmacy School of Sichuan University, China
- Methods of Evidence Based Medicine Used in Chinese Medicine
2003-2004: Director of R&D in Sanjiang Pharmaceuticals, China
In charge of the herbal formula research development of Dan Hong
- Injection and Powder Injection
2002-2004: Intern at registration dept. of FDA, Sichuan Province, China
- Processing Chinese medicine pharmaceutical applications
2007: Consultant for Vital Biotech Pharmaceutical, China
2007: Consultant for Sisu Vitamins, Canada
2008-2010: Director of R&D in L&M Medcorp, USA
Researching on Chinese herbal formulas and registering in Canada government as newherbal drugs
2008-2009: Consultant for Sunlight Pharmaceutical (Hongkong), Kenya
- Developing herbal market in Kenya
2011-2014: Co-Owner and pharmacist of HerbmedRx Herbs and Acupuncture Clinic, USA
- Encyclopedia of Excipients for TCM (2nd edition). Chemical Industry Publishing House, Beijing. 2007
- Enlightenweight-Cultivate the Garden Within. 2015
- Modified Chaihu Shugan powder for functional dyspepsia: meta-analysis for randomized controlled trials. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative
Medicine 2013 (2013).
- Sulfotanshinone sodium injection for unstable angina pectoris: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2012 (2012).
- Simultaneous determination of six herbal components in intestinal perfusate by highperformance liquid chromatography, Biomed Chromatogr. 2009 Aug; 23(8):798-803.
- Preparation and releasing evaluation in vivo and in vitro of pH-dependent Yuchangning Tablet for colon-specific delivery. Chinese Traditional and Herbal Drugs 37, no. 5 (2006): 680.
- In vivo/in vitro evaluation of Kangfuxin colon targeting herbal capsules, China Journal of Chinese Materia Medica, 2007, 32(16): 1644-1647
- Excipients in Oral Colon-targeting Drug Delivery System and its application in TCM. Chinese Medicine industry. 2005, 14(1): 21-22
- Preparation of Kangfuxin colon targeting micro-pellets, Chinese Medicine Industry. 2007, 32(15): 1529-1532
- Prospect of Oral Colon-targeting Drug Delivery System of TCM. Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2004, 26(10): 851-854
- Selection of macroreticular resin in the refine technology of Gansu sustained-release capsule. West China Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 5 (2005).
- Research on extract process of Gan Huang Cao. Chinese Traditional Patent Medicine. 2005, 8: 971-973
An oral colon-targeting drug delivery system of traditional Chinese medicine and its preparation.